Amethyst has been referred to as the talisman of success and is also the birthstone of those born in February. This beautiful gemstone with its array of purple hues is a member of the mineral quartz family. Purple has long been considered a royal colour, so if your birthday falls in February or you wish to feel like royalty, treat yourself to one of our beautiful amethyst pieces.
Here are some other interesting facts about Amethyst.
- It encourages qualities of peace, courage, and stability.
- Amethyst makes an appearance in a lot of jewellery worn by European royalty.
- It was used in many emblems and insignias during the Middle Ages by the English who believed in its majestic properties and loved its symbolism of royalty.
- If you need to be quick witted in business, Amethyst is the stone for you!
- Amethyst is the official gem for Wednesday and those born under the star sign of Pisces.
- It is said that farmers believe that if they wear amethyst, they can protect their crops from locusts and hailstorms.
- This beautiful stone is said to cause dreams and visions and if you dream of an amethyst you will spare yourself from danger.
- Leonardo da Vinci believed amethyst had the power to control evil thoughts.
- Amethyst is not only the February birthstone but is also used to celebrate the 6th and 17th year of marriage.
Amethyst is a durable gemstone which is available in numerous cuts and can vary from light pink to deep purple. The depth of colour from regal purple hues, deep violet and sparkly light lilac make Amethyst a very versatile gemstone to use in jewellery making. It is also the most highly prized variety of quartz.
If you are looking for stylish stacking rings, earrings and necklaces made in beautiful hues of Amethyst then follow these links for inspiration.
Amethyst Bon Bon stacking rings in various gemstone sizes.
Amethyst Droplet Duo Earrings.
Dusk Cocktail Ring
We are helping you spread the love this February by offering a 20% discount on all Amethyst jewellery from the 1st to the 28th February 2021 so that you can treat yourself or that special person in your life.